Sunday, March 2, 2008

Girl Scouts

In honor of girl scout cookie season, I was prompted to share this post. Growing up, my older brother was in boy scouts for as long as I can remember. My mom was a scout mom, which meant she went to their meetings, and she took me with her. Well, once a little girl reaches the age she can join Brownies, she is no longer welcome at the boy scout meetings. So, when I reached that age, they sent a girl scout to my house to ask if I would be interested in joining girl scouts. My mom called me to the door to talk, and this is how the conversation went:

Girl scout: "Hi! I wanted to tell you about being a girl scout and let you ask any questions you have. We'd love to have you come and join us!"

Me: "GIRL SCOUTS ARE SISSIES!"
(insert slamming of the door)

My mom: "Well, I guess that's your answer."

It was a short conversation, but a very clearly communicated response. Could you say I was a tomboy? ABSOLUTELY!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA! That's the Stephanie I know and love. Alhtough I guess I didn't actually know you then... Whatever...

Amy Middleton said...

even when you were a wee little thing you were you! i love you! thanks for posting this! :)

Alison said...

Classic! lol :o)