Thursday, January 8, 2009

Memories of Root Beer Floats

So tonight I treated myself to a root beer float. I had an intense craving, people...and I mean intense. I digress. As I was beginning to enjoy it, I had a sudden flashback to my childhood. My dad used to make my brother and I root beer floats. He would artfully pour the drink in over the ice cream just right so it made the perfect amount of foam. I would use my spoon to get the foam off, and then get two bites with the ice cream. After that, I would stir and stir until I blended it all together. And then...then I would pretend that it was my medicine. I would drink it by teaspoonfuls and pretend that it was a healing liquid for whatever ailment I came up with at the time.

So after having this memory, I started laughing just thinking about it. But then...I did it again for old time's sake. Weird? Oh yeah. Did I enjoy it? Absolutely.

1 comment:

The Fishers said...

I had read this before, but just read it again and enjoyed it more this time! I think I would like a Coke float right now. (not a fan of Root Beer!) Thanks for sharing your very cute childhood memory! Love you!