Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Photo Post!

Too many posts without pictures. Well, only two- but I say that's too many! So here are a few shots I've gotten over the past couple of weeks...


Who wouldn't want to visit kids like these? I love getting to spend time with my nephews! They are growing up WAY too fast. And they bring a whole new meaning to "Kids say the darnedest things." This guy, who is 7, announced today that Grandma and Papa have way too many beavers in their yard. After laughing, he was asked to clarify. "You know, because their yard has all those dirt piles in it- from the beavers." Or moles. Take your pick, I suppose.




While playing a game of Cranium Cadoo, this little guy tries to read the answers for us. (Keep in mind he doesn't know how to read yet.) After he held a card for a few seconds, he put it in the box and said, "Yup, you were right." Papa then asks him, "What did it say on the card? Can you read it for us?" The little guy freezes, and says, "Nope, I just already read it in my head." Wouldn't we like to know what he read?





Christmas was quite the day. My grandma came to visit, and we went to my brother's house for brunch and presents with the kids. My parents and I bought them a family present...none other than a Wii! And boy, did we enjoy playing! Then back home for naps, more presents, dinner, and playing cards. I enjoyed the day and felt blessed by my family and friends.

Not the best picture in the world, but it is the one time of year we ever attempt a family picture!
The boys beginning the presents with their stockings...which only had a bag of coal! However, apparently the joke was on us because Brad pulled the coal out and read, "Cool, Santa's Coal Bubble Gum. I got bubble gum!" And was not the slightest bit disappointed!
Launching into more presents!


Opening the family gift...we really enjoyed watching them do this part!

Holy Cow- it's a Wii!


Papa showing Brad how to bowl on the Wii- look at the nice form!


Hmmm...interesting form, but he got a Spare!

On the way home, we got to see this AMAZING rainbow. It was the brightest one I've ever seen. Very fitting for a Christmas blessing.


No comments: