Monday, December 29, 2008

Serious catching up to do...

So, as 2008 approaches its end, I decided to attempt to catch myself up on here and maybe do a better job of updating in 2009. We'll just have to wait and see! Anyway, one thing I REALLY wanted to post about was a trip my friends (Alicia and Lauren) and I took to Wild Adventures in October. Without the benefit of pictures, it may not do it justice, but here are some snippets of conversations from that trip. Which was in fact to make it INTO the theme park, which we never did achieve. They were closed. Because it was raining. After we had called to check. Boo. Anyway, we had a blast without the park!

Prior to leaving for the trip, our boss informs us that she'd like us to be safe so we don't go off the road, flip over, and land in a stream. As if going off the road weren't bad enough, she had to add the stream.

We hydroplaned down a back road. With a river. Listened to castrating crowns (aka- Casting Crowns to those who can read...). Stopped to buy scratch-off tickets because we had to use the bathroom and felt bad not buying anything at the gas station. Alicia wanted a Christmas one. Lauren almost had a meltdown. We go to Chili's to eat dinner and think we see Hurley from Lost. We were wrong- it was a woman. Alicia tries to go to the bathroom and walks into the kitchen at the restaurant. Once she makes it to the bathroom, it is dimly lit and she thinks to herself- what if I looked in the mirror and said Bloody Mary three times? In walks a woman and small child. Alicia stifles a scream and returns to our table laughing hysterically. Ten minutes later we finally heard the story.

Other random quotes:
"I look like I'm wearing a wig!"
"I might have to unbutton my pants when I get back in the car."
As we pull up in front of a closed Wild Adventures..."Wait, it's closed? What? Where do we get in? NOOOOO!"
"And we spent 50 dollars on rain gear!" "What? 50 dollars on reindeer?" Um, no...
"I'm a fast pee-er." "I didn't know there was such a thing. I only pee at one speed."

And my favorite conversation:
As we drive along talking about what to name the GPS system in the car (after calling her 'Sophie' for three hours)..."What about Abby? or Maggie?" "How about Barbara- no, I can't call it that- I'd end up calling it Babs." Ding (sound from the GPS) "That reminds me of Wal-Mart." "Bird, bird, bird!" Thump. "Oh no, we hit an owl!" "Tongs-tongs-tongs. That's a funny word. Hey, how about naming it Tongya?"

Who says you need something or someone to entertain you? All we had was three friends, a long car ride, and laughter that burned about 1000 calories. Just call us resourceful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My GPS is named Betty.