Thursday, June 18, 2009

April 5, 2009

So, while driving back to Tallahassee after Spring Break, I started thinking. I've been wanting change for awhile, and praying about what that might look like. Trusting God with my frustrations, desires, and ultimately my life, I began to pray that He would speak His will to me. Show me.

Through the course of thinking about several different events at my job and in my personal life, I came to the conclusion that I am no more secure in my current job than I am anywhere else. I also really felt like God was wanting to stretch me and grow me. This always involves change. I was ready, so I began praying about applying for jobs in other cities. Problem was, I wasn't convinced of which cities...until the next day.

At church, I overheard a friend talking with another friend and I jumped into the conversation on an assumption (definitely not recommending this...just being honest). Long story short, this friend and his wife were planning a church plant in Tampa, FL and were moving Summer 2009. My mind began churning and I asked if he wanted to take me with them. He said yes. Stunned, I immediately started thinking of what that entailed and how it would look. Within seconds, I was ready to go. God had given an immediate peace and confirmation that this is what He had been preparing me for. For a LONG time, people. I was ready, and I started sending e-mails that night about applying for jobs. The economy is not encouraging. The job market is less than hopeful. I was wondering if this was something that would work out, but I knew that my God is bigger than all of that. So I continued to pursue options.

The conversation at church happened on April 5. On April 13, I heard back about a job with the school district Tampa is in. I sent an application that night. On April 14, I got a confirmation e-mail and on April 16 my interview was formally scheduled for May 15. I spent a month preparing and praying. The interview came and went very well. On May 26 I was given a verbal job offer and it was confirmed the next week. From start to finish, the process took less than two months and was laid out every step of the way. Did it take faith? Absolutely. Can I offer any explanation about the situation except that God is sovereign and in control? Absolutely not.

I am beyond excited, sad, scared, and hopeful all at the same time. God is authoring a great adventure in my life and I am thrilled to see where this ride takes me. I know the One taking me, and that is all I need to know!

2 comments:

The Fishers said...

So proud of you, Steph. I will miss you like CRAZY, but I know it is the right move for you! You are an awesome woman of God!!

Kelly Bell said...

I am so glad we are doing this together! We can work through all those emotions together too...love you!